[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Monday January 21, 2019 from 6-8 PM

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Jan 14 11:24:04 PST 2019

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
and  every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

     Additions to the Distribution library:

     Funtoo does not give us a disk or image but uses a modified
version of System Rescue CD to start the Gentoo installation.
I have downloaded this special disk just for anyone who might
be interested.
     I saw the announcement on Distrowatch 2018.01.08 and you
can learn more at <https://www.funtoo.org/>

     Qubes-R4.0.1-x86_64.iso  checked the checksum all ok
written to a Flash Drive

     Clonezilla live 2.6.0-37 uses systemd  but being a live
system it hardly matters. Checksums are done.
     clonezilla-live-2.6.0-37-amd64.iso
     clonezilla-live-2.6.0-37-i686-pae.iso
     clonezilla-live-2.6.0-37-i686.iso

GhostBSD18.12.iso  has passed its checksum

     If anything interesting shows up before the next meeting, I will
do a follow-up posting.
     Oh and earlier today I found out that Samsung is using Tizen Linux
for their phones and tablets and sadly it uses systemd.  Check Wiki
if you doubt me searching on "systemd".

     Hope to see some of us next Monday the 21st of January.

     Happy Religious Freedom
Day!<https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/1/13/1825808/-Happy-Religious-Freedom-Day-The-Sunday-Good-News-Roundup-GNRU?utm_campaign=trending>

     Bobbie Sellers