[sf-lug] systemd memory corruption...

Ken Shaffer kenshaffer80 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 14:19:52 PST 2019

...and the patches are out:
systemd (237-3ubuntu10.11) bionic-security; urgency=medium

  * SECURITY UPDATE: memory corruption in journald via attacker controlled
alloca
    - debian/patches/CVE-2018-16864.patch: journald: do not store the iovec
      entry for process commandline on the stack
    - CVE-2018-16864
  * SECURITY UPDATE: memory corruption in journald via attacker controlled
alloca
    - debian/patches/CVE-2018-16865_1.patch: journald: set a limit on the
      number of fields (1k)
    - debian/patches/CVE-2018-16865_2.patch: journal-remote: set a limit on
the
      number of fields in a message
    - CVE-2018-16865
  * SECURITY UPDATE: out-of-bounds read in journald
    - debian/patches/CVE-2018-16866.patch: journal: fix
syslog_parse_identifier()
    - CVE-2018-16866