[sf-lug] Free Speech: Re: "Justin Noor" <justinnoor.io at gmail.com>: If you don’t ... I’ll ...

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Fri Jan 11 03:44:25 PST 2019

> From: "Michael Paoli" <Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: Re: "Justin Noor" <justinnoor.io at gmail.com>: If you don’t
> ... I’ll ...
> Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 20:59:31 -0800

> Ooooh, or get yourself banned, then complain about your free speech rights
> being violated ... yup, you just pay for all the resources first, and
> manage them all, then tell us how free it is., eh?

And, I probably should've also added, but failed to:
Free Speech, ... yup, 'ya get that ... within reason.  However one has
no guarantee of entitlement to an audience or followers.
So ... you can probably schedule and get your 30 ... maybe even 90
seconds, of say, at the town hall meeting.  In more of a hurry?  Take
it to most any reasonably suited downtown city corner in the middle of
the day, and speak - even holler - within reason - as one wishes.  If you
can manage to get a crowd of 120,000 to gather and cheer you on, then hey,
nice job.  On the other hand, if you can't do better than to get three
weirdos to just kind'a stop, tilt their heads, and look at you funny, well,
then you probably may need to do some work to improve that speech.  If you
want, you can pay for or rent venue - perhaps increase your potential
audience size.  You could even pay, or otherwise expend resources, to get
your speech out there more.  So, yup, guaranteed free speech.  No
guarantees anyone will listen.