[sf-lug] Wi-Fi woes

James Stockford jim at well.com
Wed Jan 9 14:51:28 PST 2019

Thank you, Tony,

$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
# This file is managed by man:systemd-resolved(8). Do not edit.
#
# This is a dynamic resolv.conf file for connecting local clients to the
# internal DNS stub resolver of systemd-resolved. This file lists all
# configured search domains.
#
# Run "systemd-resolve --status" to see details about the uplink DNS servers
# currently in use.
#
# Third party programs must not access this file directly, but only
through the
# symlink at /etc/resolv.conf. To manage man:resolv.conf(5) in a
different way,
# replace this symlink by a static file or a different symlink.
#
# See man:systemd-resolved.service(8) for details about the supported
modes of
# operation for /etc/resolv.conf.

nameserver 127.0.0.53

## I cannot figure out how to add more nameservers, the values
## of which would be 75.75.75.75 and 76.76.76.76 and 8.8.8.8

$ ls -l /etc/resolv.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 37 Jan  6 12:49 /etc/resolv.conf ->
/run/systemd/resolve/stub-resolv.conf