[sf-lug] does [#/etc/init.d/network/restart] happen if you create another user?

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 8 20:15:56 PST 2019

> From: maestro <maestro415 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [sf-lug] thanks for the help
> Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 14:40:22 -0800

< forgive me to subtract

> does this happen if you create another user?

>> #/etc/init.d/network/restart

I can't think of any Linux distro that's insane enough
to restart network services when creating a user.

However, given the large number of distros out there, there's a
non-trivial probability that there may be one or more
seriously mentally ill Linux distros out there,
and they may need proper care and treatment.

Caveat: viruses may cause snarkiness and other malfunctions, mostly a non-
         issue for Linux (at least reasonably cared for), the human(s),
         however ...

HAL: Well, I don't think there is any question about it. It can only be
      attributable to human error. This sort of thing has cropped up before,
      and it has always been due to human error.