[sf-lug] Joseph P.'s problem

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun Jan 6 18:12:40 PST 2019

Hi LUGers,

    This is being sent to the SF-LUG mailing list
and a copy will be sent to Joseph's email address
as well as  I do not know which he may access next
From:<https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ibook-g4-cant-connect-to-network.1377184/>

> If so, try this. Turn off Airport. Go to System Preferences>Security
> and click on your Firewall tab. Click on the radio button for Allow
> all incoming connections. Turn Airport back on and then check in
> Network that you have a valid IP. Then you can change the Firewall
> settings back if you want.
>
> This is a little bug in Leopard I ran into a year ago.

     I have downloaded a couple of .pdf manuals for Joseph P.
as well.

     There is a new tool on the Distrowatch site that let me
confirm that there are several PPC distributions that might
be suitable.

     Bobbie Sellers