[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Sunday July 1, 2018

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Jun 25 09:19:56 PDT 2018

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
and every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     Sunday July 1 is Canada Day so all Canadians members are excused. ;^)

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

     New releases of older and newer distros.
* indicates disk or Flash Drive made

    * Clonzilla has a fresh release.Clonezilla Live 2.5.6-7.iso

    * Quick-Save-Live-v4.0.iso
      Quick-Save-Live-v4.0 is out and it is a bootable utility to
assist in data recovery. It can access all but encrypted drives
and uses a convenient dual pane file manager to get your
material to a safer place.  It is very small.
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/quick-save-live/>

     *Ultimate Boot CD
     ubcd538.iso <http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/customize.html>
     Combines a lot of tools into one CD and it can be on
a Flash drive as well.  For a full list of the included tools you can
go to <http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/index.html>
     Detailed tips on customization and on putting it on a Flash
Drive at the first URL.  You can get this on a CD for some reasonable
payment.   It numbers among the contents the PartEd Magic tool
from 2013  before it became a tool you had to pay for.  I would buy
a current version of Magic PartEd, and using the procedures
described substitute it on the .iso file if I find this collection of
tools useful.

      I have yet to try out any of the tools mentioned so far.
     Maybe by the meeting I will have done so and have
a brief report on them.
     This morning on <https://distrowatch.com/> I found
the announcement of a new Distribution Release: AV Linux 2018.6.25
which comes in a rather large file.  This AV stands for Audio/Video
tools.  If anyone wants this let me know,  otherwise I may just
download the 32 bit version.

     Well we are in Summer and I can only hope that some of us
will show up on next Sunday.  If you have better things to do
with your free time I hope it works out well for you and yours.
If you have nothing better to do then of course how can you
bear to miss people who will not need explanation of jargon
to talk about computers.

     Nest week!

     Bobbie Sellers