[sf-lug] (forw) Re: SF-LUG meeting notes for Monday April 16th 2018

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Thu Apr 19 20:04:04 PDT 2018

On 04/19/2018 07:17 PM, Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:
> On Thu, 2018-04-19 at 18:59 -0700, Bobbie Sellers wrote:
>> Well I looked up the DM200 and I could not afford it.  It costs
>> from 2.5 to 7+ times as much as the one I ordered.
> Used? Under $40, last I checked?

     I looked this afternoon to be sure.  And your price is only 2X what
I paid with shipping..

     I hope that the Netgear Broadband ADSL2 Plus Modem
(DM111PSP-100NAS)  is only a
modem and that could be the case as I was sold a ATT (Netgear) 7550 as a
modem but it
  seems to be another wifi cum router at least in the incarnation I
received and yet I see it
described in advrts. online as a modem/router/WiFi.  Well I can get my
money back on
that one if i decide to return it.  If the DM111 is not as advertised I
can probably get
a rebate applicable to a used DM200.
     This is one industry that seems bent on confusing the consumer with
the same model
names applied to devices with differing features.
     Ahh!  I checked online and found a manual that describes with
pictures and this is a ADSL
modem.

     bliss