[sf-lug] 2018-04-16 SF-LUG meeting notes + my additions-1

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Apr 18 17:19:17 PDT 2018

Quoting aaronco36 (aaronco36 at SDF.ORG):

[Snip an extremely long and edifying technical posting.]

Wow, thank you, Aaron!  Impressive summary.  I'd totally lost track of
what had been going on with the OpenWRT people, so thank you in
particular for that update.  It's long been the case that dd-wrt
supports more devices.  At least traditionally, the main cost of that
broader support matrix was that dd-wrt tolerates a great deal more
proprietary encumbrances.

It's not every day that my internal lexicon of yiddishsims gets a
contribution.  Narishkeit indeed, (Follows logically from nar = fool,
which in turn is from the Hebrew na'ar,  נַ֫עַר , albeit that might seem a
little judgemental.)

Obviously it's been too long since I read Leo Rosten's classic.  (You
know the one.)