[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Sunday, April 1, 2018

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Mar 26 12:30:08 PDT 2018

Hi LUGers,

     No fooling!
     The next meeting is on April Fools Day.
It is the old New Years Day but people who
stuck to the tradition were called April Fools.
Herb Caen didn't know that.

   SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
and every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

     So we have a new release of Gparted.
     2018-03-21  GParted Live 0.31.0-1  Distribution Release
    Versions are gparted-live-0.31.0-1-amd64.iso,
gparted-live-0.31.0-1-i686.iso,  gparted-live-0.31.0-1-i686-pae.iso.
The same material is also available for download in .zip files.
The release announcement can be found with the lists of
changes at the URL below.
     <https://gparted.org/news.php>
     I will have each of these available at the meeting but
if anyone wants a specific version let me know asap.
If anyone wants all three how about a data disk with
the iso files and the checksums?

     Toward the end of April the Ubuntu long tern support
versions 18.04 should be out.  Toward the beginning of May
the Fedora 28  release should be out.

     Sunday the 1st of April is predicted by TV weather persons
to be sunny and bright.

     Besides being April Fools day this coming Sunday is
Easter,  so I hope you all can find space in your schedules
to attend.

     Bobbie Sellers