[sf-lug] Meeting on Monday 20 November 2017 at Cafe Enchante.

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Wed Nov 15 16:29:54 PST 2017

Hi LUGers,

    SF-LUG meets every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
and  every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

      These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

     Well I bought another external drive case yesterday and it is
visible to the Dell
laptop.  So it will have most of the iso files for recent releases.

     Among others I hope we will have the latest SystemRescue CD 5.1.2
Several copies
of this ready to use on CD RW.
     Fedora 27 in the Workstation version.
     PCLinuxOS64-KDE5-2017.11.

     We also have the Linux Pro magazine #204 now having not only Linux
Voice but
Ubuntu User magazine as well incorporated.  They have offers for the
Admin magazine archive and the Ubuntu magazine archive.
     Distributions of the month are Manjaro 17.04 64bit and
Kubuntu 17.04 32 bit.
     Articles include but not limited to the following:
     VMware versus VirtualBox,
     Virtual Lab:Model a Network with KVM and Qemu,
     Run Android in Linux,
     KolibriOS which comes to 60 Megabytes on a CD, with instructions to
follow
to put it on a Flash Drive.  It does a lot in those 60 megabytes with a GUI,
`    Data Rescue discusses 6 tools for saving lost files,
       Firefox 54 which may be the best ever with a discussion of
multi-tasking (not yet ready for prime time),
        Devuan 1.0 which is a Debian fork without systemd,

         The Linux Voice section is full of interesting items.
     Minetest; Arduino FAQ; cloud-init; Can Patent Left Save US;
  Standing Up for Malwaretech!
     FOSSPicks- OBS Studio; gtop; Bitcoin Core!
     Tutoriald re:COBOL and moreutils!

     So I hope the sky will be a little bit dry on Monday evening and that
some of us will show up besides myself but with the Dell accessing
that new terabyte external hard drive I think I will have something
to look at besides the Linux Pro #204

     If you cannot make it be sure to have a Happy
Thanksgiving and an economical Black Friday!

     Bobbie Sellers