[sf-lug] FW: A reflective day in 5778

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Sep 30 01:36:14 PDT 2017

Quoting Norma Harrison (normaha at pacbell.net):

> lug is a Linux group in the Bay area.  You can look up Linux if you
> want to know more.  I had it installed on my other old computer.  It’s
> unusable, as far as I’m concerned.  well not exactly unusuable – but I
> don’t want take the time to ‘learn’ it.  I want it to work intuitively
> – as I do all the other stuff I do on the computer...  and so there

Hello again, Ms. Harrison!

Two weeks ago, you asked help with your Ubuntu system ceasing to
put out sound, and a couple of SF-LUG members sent you promising
suggestions for things you should try, with the polite request that you
let us know what the outcome was.

You have not responded back to the SF-LUG mailing list since then.
Would you care to do so?

It may be that ultimately you don't want the sort of assistance that
Linux user group members generously offer for free in order to benefit
the Linux community, in which case, fine, and good luck to you.
However, since you in fact did ask us for help, and we took considerable
pains providing it, it would seem polite for you to try our suggestions
and let us know what you find.

And, when I say write back, I mean specifically to the
sf-lug at linuxmafia.com address, our public community.  Writing offlist to
individuals is not participating in the community.