[sf-lug] News on some less "mainstream" distros

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Sep 18 13:56:28 PDT 2017

On 09/17/2017 07:14 PM, maestro wrote:
> MANJARO Open-RC 64_bit is slick, clean, and lean...

     Have not seen that but have started the installation of a recent
version of Manjaro with KDE's Plasma 5
     I used KDE's partitioning tool to create two partitions and the
Installer is very nice.  Running live I
could see it had many if not all of the tools I like to see in a
distribution.
     Nearly finished in less than an hour.

manjaro-kde-17.0.4-stable-x86_64 is the name of the specific
distribution I am working with.

It seems slick and lean. Probably as clean as it can be. But not happy
to share hardware

with other distros it seems. Have to demo it from the live disk.

Bobbie

> The synchronize feature which accesses multiple repositories
> including AUR repo.s is kewl...
>

> Plus you get ALL the FULL benefits of the ARCH wikis...
>

> message ends.
>
> On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 3:12 PM, Bobbie Sellers <
> bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com> wrote:
>

>> On 09/17/2017 01:41 PM, acohen36 wrote:

     snipped

     bliss