[sf-lug] Fwd: Disabling Intel's Management Engine!

jim jim at well.com
Sun Sep 3 14:59:52 PDT 2017

Thank you, Bobby. Today's discussion included
"what exactly is ME?" We came up with "firmware"
and "hardware". Here's how the article in the
link defined it:

Intel ME is a separate processor embedded with Intel CPUs that
runs its own operating system complete with processes, threads,
memory manager, hardware bus driver, file system, and many
other components.