[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Sunday 3 September 2017

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Aug 28 10:46:53 PDT 2017

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
and every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

     New distributions in the Library.

Debian 9.1 in i386 and amd64 versions on DVD and these are
the large installation versions.  The live versions of 9 were
not properly setup for installation so Live version may be
deprecated.

     Just this morning 2017-08-28 SystemRescueCD 5.04 is
downloaded.  Should have it on disks by the meeting time.

     I see that Black Lab Linux is downloadable via the
Distrowatch torrent site and will be getting a copy.
BLL is "special" Linux with lots of stuff to make it
legal for the USA and any nation with similar
copyright laws so the full version with all of the
legal software to access commercial DVDs and
the like costs about $50.  I can only imagine that
the downloadable version does not have the
licensed software to access protected material.

Anything else interesting shows up I will try to
let you know but having problems with both
machines presently.

     Hope to see some of you all there on Sunday.

     Bobbie Sellers