[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Monday, 21 August 2017

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Fri Aug 11 16:04:27 PDT 2017

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
and  every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 8 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

     First you are getting this early as I have to do a installation
of PCLinux with Trinity 2017.06 as I cannot even make a Flash
Drive here on KDE 4.14.18.  Yesterday i tried to update LibreOffice
and it was removed and not replaced.  When they cut off support
it is gone. And you don't know what might work or fail to work
next.

   New Linux Pro magazine for August issue #201.
Articles on Locking Down with the Network Security Toolkit.
Using Journalctl, Rewriting PDF in Linux with Master PDF Editor 4.
Advanced Layout Expert tricks with LibreOffice, Calamares the
Universal Linux Installer., Testing Flash Drives - Does your 4G
stick really hold 4 GB(If it does very surprising), the Patents
on MP4 have lapsed, and a Tutorial on Markdown the new
simple formatting language.  And more

     Tuesday, August 08, 2017  New release of GPartEd!
gparted-live-0.29.0-1-i686-pae.iso, gparted-live-0.29.0-1-amd64.iso
and gparted-live-0.29.0-1-i686.iso are out.
     Anyone who wants just the iso files let me know and I will try
to get all these on a single disk with the checksums.
     Otherwise I will have several disks for 64-bit and 32-bit cpus
ready for users.

lubuntu-16.04.3-desktop-i386.iso

ubuntu-16.04.3-desktop-i386.iso
ubuntu-16.04.3-desktop-amd64.iso
ubuntu-gnome-16.04.3-desktop-amd64.iso
   ubuntu-gnome-16.04.3-desktop-i386.is0
and  ubuntu-16.10-desktop-amd64.iso
as well as ubuntu-17.04-desktop-amd64.iso
4MLinux-23.0.iso
systemrescuecd-x86-5.0.3.iso
clonezilla-live-2.5.2-20-amd64.iso
linuxmint-18.2-mate-64bit.iso
linuxmint-18.2-kde-64bit.iso

     I will be shutting down shortly after I send this email and
rebooting to
Clonezilla then to GPartEd and will be posting when I get my tools
and such up and running again..

     Hope to see some of  you all on Monday the 21st at Cafe Enchante

     Bobbie Sellers