[sf-lug] NEED INFO ABOUT BOOT SECTOR, SPACE LIMITS

Tom Turner seameadowlake at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 16:14:12 PDT 2017

Thanks Rick.

On the issue of Texstar's update recommendations,

this URL: http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=63199.0

The contents:

Begin quote:
"Author Topic: How to properly update your system  (Read 99377 times)
[image: Offline] Texstar
<http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=2mrggd2euc998avl5dl43dm4o1&action=profile;u=1>

   - Administrator
   - Super Villain
   - [image: *][image: *][image: *][image: *][image: *][image:
*][image: *][image:
   *][image: *][image: *]
   -
   <http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=2mrggd2euc998avl5dl43dm4o1&action=profile;u=1>
   - Space City, Tx
   -

How to properly update your system
<http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php/topic,63199.msg511493.html?PHPSESSID=2mrggd2euc998avl5dl43dm4o1#msg511493>
« * on:* October 06, 2009, 07:42:08 PM »
How to properly update PCLinuxOS.

Open Synaptic Package Manager
Press Reload  To get current file list
Click Mark All Upgrades
Click Apply

DO NOT USE apt-get update and apt-get upgrade from the command line. This
has never been recommended. If you insist on using the command line, the
correct procedure is apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade.  If for any
reason the system says it is not able to retrieve a package do you wish to
continue always say no, report it to the forum and try to update again
later.

Please update your system weekly or every two weeks. *Do not wait more than
60 days to update your system.* Once a new ISO is produced and made
available to the public we no longer test upgrading from older releases.
« *Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 12:03:22 PM by Texstar* »"
End quote

Best regards, Tom