[sf-lug] NEED INFO ABOUT BOOT SECTOR, SPACE LIMITS

Tom Turner seameadowlake at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 16:15:04 PDT 2017

This url might (or might not) provide some relevant information about the
"boot partition full" problem.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unattended-upgrades/+bug/1357093

The above web-page includes links to other pages reporting the problem.

I and thousands of others ran into this problem.  There simply was no way
to clear out space, no "remove type" command would work.

The cure was to >back up the data, and >re-install Linux, being certain to
_not_ choose the LVM option.

Another point, I believe that Synaptic is better than apt-get at
uninstalling old versions of the kernel. Mr. Texstar, the guru behind
PCLinuxOS is adamant that updates should be performed by using Synaptic,
not apt-get.