[sf-lug] NEED INFO ABOUT BOOT SECTOR, SPACE LIMITS

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Sun Jul 30 21:07:38 PDT 2017

It's generally useful to provide the exact diagnostic,
and the action that triggers it.
I bet your error diagnostic string isn't precisely:
"no more space at all in my boot sector"
And boot sector, and boot filesystem are quite different
things.  I doubt your "boot sector" is full, as boot sector
is of fixed size - there's nothing to "expand" or make bigger
there.
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise

I did find, long ago, LILO (of all places) has excellent
documentation on partitioning and boot sector, etc. - at
least for your classic pcdos partitioning (doesn't cover UEFI).