[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Monday July 17, 2017

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Jul 17 12:55:58 PDT 2017

On 07/17/2017 10:10 AM, maestro wrote:
> There's so much more to love in LINUX than UBUNTU.
> Especially machines that crave 'light' with no 'fluff'...

      One user's fluff is another user's necessity.

      And the best thing I can say about Fedora 26 is that it is boring
and the Live versions don't seem to have much software on hand.

      DebianEdu is very nice. Lots of software. clean looking KDE without
vectors in the background.

      Mageia 6 has a lot of good stuff.  Way ahead of the PCLinuxOS64
KDE 5 2017.07 versions.

> Explore the LINUX lineages...

      Now as to exploring the Linux lines well I am doing as much as I can.
      If you want to try a specific version of something let me know and
I will download it, run the checksums on it and put on a disk for you if
there is no law against it.
      Just don't expect to get anything on that offer before the August 6
meeting.

> message ends.

      snip of the previous message

      bliss "running light (as well as fast)" on PCLinuxOS64-2016.03
GNU/Linux 4.11.10-pclos1 #1 SMP Thu Jul 13