[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Monday July 17, 2017

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun Jul 16 09:08:38 PDT 2017

On 07/16/2017 07:45 AM, Mikki wrote:
> Hi, Bobbie;
>
> Well, I am apparently clear of 'pressing things' for Monday.  SO FAR, SO GOOD. I
> intend to make the meeting, with some questions and such.
>
> I am still interested still in Ubuntu 14.04 - i 386,  a self running CD one, to
> see what is there.  I wish to use GIMP and save in (X.jpg) format, and so far
> the new one in U 16  won't let me.  It only offers some proprietary GIMP format
> no one else can open. Too*/precious/* for words.
     I have had that version of Ubuntu in my bag since our conversation
started.
     As I previously advised you can export from the Gimp in a variety
of formats
including png and jpg but not limited to those.

> I am interested in mounting this on a separate hard drive, which will perhaps be
> an external hard drive, in practice.  I am not sure how to do this.  The machine
> is running very slow on U-16.04. or soemthing like that.  And this distro has
> become too */'precious/*' for words.

     Well i have no idea why Ubuntu has slowed down on your machine. But
we will try to find
out after I show you the export function in the Gimp.

> Bless All
>
> Mikki

snipped

     Bobbie Sellers aka bliss "running light (as well as fast)" on
PCLinuxOS64-2016.03
GNU/Linux 4.11.10-pclos1 #1 SMP Thu Jul 13