[sf-lug] "RANSOM VIRUS" ATACHED TO WEB SITE? ... loin virus? ; -)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Wed Jun 7 20:36:02 PDT 2017

I want to know if the pork loin roast in my oven is infected with this
virus.
[goes to check oven ...]
Uhm, pushed the oven light button,
then the digital display on the oven reads:
"ALL YOUR LOINS ARE BELONG TO US!  CALL: " ... "TO GET YOUR LOINS BACK",
and the oven is locked in self-cleaning mode.  The display also reads:
"YOU HAVE 2 HOURS TO SAVE YOUR LOINS - AFTER THAT WE BURN THE PLACE DOWN",
and it's counting the time down.

http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/2340.html

Uhm, yeah, fortunately I've not "upgraded" my oven to have that "feature".