[sf-lug] Recommended USB sticks

acohen36 at sdf.org acohen36 at sdf.org
Mon May 15 13:27:35 PDT 2017

Quoting Ron W <wellmanron at gmail.com>:
> I'm needing to purchase a larger USB stick, working
> on rebuilding a laptop.
> Would someone share a safe brand and model to purchase?
> I'm thinking 64 gB as a minimum or 128.
> I'll be grateful, and thanks.

I've had excellent results when I've needed them in-a-pinch by using
together 1) a SanDisk USB stick of 16 or 32 GB to boot a laptop and then
2) a Western Digital USB external drive of 1 or 2 TB to multiply-backup
and "rebuild" such a laptop.
IIRC, the combined upfront costs for purchasing both (1) and (2) are
constantly decreasing from $100 and they are more likely than not
_immediately_ available at a local Staples or OfficeDepot/OfficeMax-type
of store.

-A