[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Monday April 17, 2017

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun Apr 9 15:04:17 PDT 2017

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
and every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

   Fresh release of System Rescue CD x86 from 4.9.4 to 4.9.5.
If anyone wants one let me know asap.  It is really a handy
piece of software to have around. For details and screen shots
look at:
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/systemrescuecd/?source=typ_redirect>

    Will have PCLinux OS64 KDE5 -2017.04 and probably
installed on the Dell for testing and demo purposes.  We have
the Mate version as well.
     For more about it look at: <http://www.pclinuxos.com/>

     7 April 2017 Knoppix was first with talking Adriane but
today Arch released Talking Arch with a audio tutorial.
If anyone wants a copy for a visually impaired person who
is interested let me know in email and I will happily provide
a disk. More information at the URL below:
<https://blog.talkingarch.tk/first-x86_64-talkingarch/>

     Well broke a tooth this afternoon April 9  and expect to be
spending some time at a dental clinic this week so decided to send
  this off early.

     If anything interesting comes along I will post
further before the meeting.

     I hope to see some of us there on Monday 17 April.

     Bobbie Sellers