[sf-lug] dual-boot

Mike Higashi mhigashi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 02:15:56 PST 2016

There's also the VMs of Microsoft Windows that Microsoft provides, for
free. The URL used to be:
   modern.ie

which now forwards to a longer url on their developer site.

The purpose of the free VMs is to give web designers the ability to test
how their web pages displays over a wide range of IE versions.

I believe Michael Paoli once mentioned how he needed to use a configuration
program that only ran under Windows, and successfully used a Virtual Box VM
from that site to install and run the software on a Linux host.

Mike

On Dec 27, 2016 10:29 PM, "Rick Moen" <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

I wrote:

> The nice thing about the VM approach is that you can test success
> without burning your bridges.  That is, image the preload to a file
> using VMware's p2c utility, onto an external drive.
                 ^^^

'p2v', physical to virtual.  Sorry about that.

Related Information <br>
http://www.shallowsky.com/blog/<br>
http://explainshell.com/ <br>