[sf-lug] Acer V Nitro series (was: Considering purchasing a lightweight laptop: thoughts Thinkpad X1 carbon vs. Thinkpad T460S)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Dec 27 12:54:52 PST 2016

Quoting Antonio Malcolm (antonio.malcolm at gmail.com):

> First of all, new to the group != new to *nix, and you've squarely proved
> my point, about the condescension, to the point of personal insult.

There's nothing shameful about being a gamer^W... er, non-gamer.  ;->

> And there was no name calling.

After all, some of your best friends are zealots!

> You should probably not give out that hanky.

They're virtual.  I can instantiate copies as needed.

> To correct you on your attacks on proprietary software [blah, blah]

I have nothing against proprietary software.  Try again, bub.

I favour hardware for my own use on Linux that works well without resort
to proprietary drivers, for a variety of pragmatic reasons that Work for
Me[tm].  You choose otherwise?  Good for you.  Have an opinion; they're
free.

> Nvidia, like them or not, put out a solid product, with
> probably the best performance and efficiency, despite the limitations with
> X they need to deal with.

Indeed.  I never said otherwise.

> Could they cooperate better, with the open source community?

Could they cooperate _at all_ with the open source community?  (There, I
fixed it for you.)

In summary, (a) you furnish zero factual corrections, (b) plus you go
beyond that to attribute to me extremist views I don't hold and never
expressed, in order to take hilariously mistaken shots at me personally,
and (c) at the same time you're doing the passive-aggressive personal
offence thing.

Trifecta.

Seriously, decaf _can_ taste just as good.