[sf-lug] fstab problem

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 29 16:24:44 PST 2016

I think the option is "nofail" (off-the-top-of-my-head).
Have a look at the man page for fstab and mount,
and possibly also options for the filesystem type that you're
attempting to mount.

You can also try it manually from CLI most likely ...
I'd think with the appropriate option it should not give an
error (exit/return value of zero).

You can then also validate it in the fstab file, e.g.:
# mount target_directory
That should work and mount if the media is present,
and give exit/return of zero even if the media isn't present.
After that it ought to work as you wish/expect.