[sf-lug] SF-LUG Meets Sunday November 6, 2016

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Oct 31 10:19:01 PDT 2016

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
and every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

   Come to the meeting early and you should have an easier time
raising your own hopefully benign agenda.

     New version of distributions in the library.
         ==================================

     Knoppix is out with a version 7.7.1 and it works just as well
as we have come to expect from Klaus Knopper.  Dual architecture
and 3 Desktop Environments to choose from and very cool looking
background.

     I also have the latest versions of Gparted for i686, i686-pae and
amd64.
     As well Clonezilla has new versions out, again for i686, i686-pae
and amd64.

     If you want copies of the working disks or iso files let me know
ASAP so that we do not waste the two hours we have in writing
CDs or DVDs.
             ==================================
      On the Dell e6420 I have a fully updated version of PCLinuxOS
with KDE's Plasma 4 and the preview with KDE's Plasma 5, Ubuntu
Studio and finally the star of the evening pclos-babymate-2015.10
installed and updated from kernel 3.1.18 to 4.1.26.  I hope someone
will be interested in this very light weight distribution which is
a community release.
     And for those for whom words are not enough I can use my flash
drive to boot up the latest Knoppix.
     As always I will have the Linux Pro magazine mentioned in the
last notice.

     Hope to see a few of us at least at this meeting!

     Hope you are having a Happy Halloween and that  the
Day of the Dead will be enjoyable

     Bobbie Sellers