[sf-lug] Linux Kernel Advancements

Sujit K M kmsujit at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 03:58:50 PDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Sujit K M <kmsujit at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Also are these latest kernels
>>> available in Distros. I also see a lot of 3.x longterm kernels and one
>>
>> 2. I found some thing interesting, you could upgrade your kernel.
>> http://linoxide.com/linux-how-to/upgrade-linux-kernel-stable-3-18-4-centos/
>> I followed this while upgrading kernel on Centos 6 to Centos 7 which supports
>> 3.10 version, later upgraded to 3.18 version for development machines about 5
>> months ago.
>
> Found a better documentation :
> https://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/CentOSUpgradeTool

Found more information on installing the 4.x Kernel on Centos 7. Below
links. But these
are external to centos.org, If anyone can point it there I will be happy.

But does point to my orginal question why is 4.8 the long term kernel,
below all kernels
are below that in versions. Also are these stable enough.

http://linoxide.com/how-tos/install-linux-kernel-4-0-elrepo-source/
http://www.ostechnix.com/install-linux-kernel-4-4-5-centos-ubuntu/
http://www.ostechnix.com/linux-kernel-4-7-released-install-centos-7-ubuntu-16-04/