[sf-lug] ubuntu 16.04

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at sandstorm.io
Fri Aug 5 06:12:21 PDT 2016

Hi Jim!

Did you check if the Ubuntu installs have "ufw" ("Uncomplicated Firewall")
installed? If not, then that might be good to check. Here's some more info:

- https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/serverguide/firewall.html

- https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-
to-set-up-a-firewall-with-ufw-on-ubuntu-14-04

I can't quite tell from the 'net if this is enabled by default, or merely
available by default, but if it's enabled by default, that would (I
believe) explain the behavior you're seeing.

Cheers,

Asheesh.