[sf-lug] the sf-lug password

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Thu Jul 28 22:34:17 PDT 2016

"the sf-lug password" is pretty ambiguous in the
context you used it.  The context was list and list
admin, and list host.  You didn't qualify of which
you were addressing.

"If not, see /home/jstockford/ and read" ... I presume
that's explicit permission to go have a look, at least on
applicable "sf-lug" host where I'm primary sysadmin (otherwise
I wouldn't do such peekin').  And, one such qualified
matching host (technically it's a BALUG host that also
hosts SF-LUG stuff) - anyway, I find a file in there that
looks relevant, and I find in there what looks to be a
password, and matches to at least one password that is or
was used for something of SF-LUG(s).  If the intent is
you want me to get that (securely) to Rick and/or that you're
telling me that's current SF-LUG list admin password,
on the former, I can probably arrange that easily
enough - presuming that's what you want me to do.
And on the latter - uhm, I haven't been doing SF-LUG
list admin stuff - mostly just backup the mbox archive
and the roster (gently overnightly).  Probably wouldn't
hurt me to do it - just to get myself a bit more familiar,
but that part of the Mailman admin stuff I've mostly dealt
with before, and still do deal with elsewhere - at least on
occasion.  Don't really have the bandwidth to take that up - have
other stuff much higher in my LUG, etc. queue (or more
generally/specifically, the LUG & related portions of my queue.
Actually dealing with a bunch 'o family goop at present, and
peekin' at some 'o my email (and actually responding a slight
bit), to give my head a break from all the family cruft I'm
needing to deal with.