[sf-lug] MEGA Invitation

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Thu Jul 28 16:11:32 PDT 2016

On 07/28/2016 03:17 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Jim Stockford (jim at well.com):
>
>>      I now see that sf-lug itself has an
>> invitation to MEGA.nz.
>>      My latest guess is that someone captured
>> info from Jason's cellphone.
> Jim --
>
> You are not addressing the data at hand.
>
> The data are:  A non-subscriber post with a 'From:' address of support at mega.nz
> transited through Mailman to the subscribers.  Mailman is configured
> (correctly) to hold all non-subscriber mail in the admin queue, and held
> mail expires automatically out of the queue (is discarded) after 5 days
> if not manually approved.
>
> The mystery of who or what permitted that otherwise not-allowed action
> is unresolved.

     I think the fact that they used as a Reply to of
`jasonedwardkirk at gmail.com'
is the main clue.  It was used on my invitation as well as on the e-mail
sent
to `sf-lug at linuxmafia.com'.

     I am very suspicious of things like Free Cloud memberships and the
like.
Jason said he had been using it for some time and if it was with his phone
or other device that it probably collected our addresses from the phone
or whichever device he was using.

     bliss