[sf-lug] MEGA Invitation

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jul 28 11:57:39 PDT 2016

Quoting MEGA (support at mega.nz):

> jasonedwardkirk at gmail.com sent you an invitation to join MEGA.
>
> --- Message from user: ---
>
> ---
>
> Please create your free MEGA account by clicking on the following
> link:
> https://mega.nz/#newsignupc2YtbHVnQGxpbnV4bWFmaWEuY29tzqPJLeW6CLE
>
> Best regards,
>
> Team MEGA

I'm about 99.9% sure this non-member-sending-address posting --
initiated by mailing list member Jason Edward Kirk at social media (or
whatever) site mega.nz, was manually approved for distribution by
listadmin jim at well.com.

Jim, I really don't think that's a good idea, seriously.

Jason, I think you need to be more careful where you cause
Web-site-initiated 'invitations' to be sent.

I keep a generally hands-off attitude to this list's administration,
but I _do_ own the machine it operates on, and have an interest in
preventing its use for propagation of spam.  And that was pretty spammy.