[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting of July 18, 2016 and 3 items of note...

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Tue Jul 19 17:43:34 PDT 2016

       SF-LUG meeting of July 18, 2016

       Arrived at the Cafe Enchante about 5:40 PM and began
Setup encountering slight problems but by 6:05 PM I had gotten
wireless configured and was online.
   For purpose of demonstration I had setup a preview version
of PCLinux OS with KDE's Plasma 5.7.1 on the Dell E6420.

   I occupied myself with further configuration tasks on the
PCLinux OS 2016.07 installation.  Set up the correct time and
adding menu and widgets to the task bars.

7:30 PM No one else showed up by this time, So I started packing up
my equipment.
7:45 PM caught the #38 toward home.

     Well no need for corrections I think this time.

     One thing to note is that I managed to create a bootable Flash Drive
of PCLOS 2016.03 using isohybrid command on the raw iso and then
using the DDcopy tool supplied by PCLOS 2016.03 on my fully updated
install of that version from disk.

     Oh and if you are using Linux Mint below version 18 you are able
to update it to 18 using the instructions found at:
<https://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/2316>

     Finally in case you had not heard the Ubuntu servers got hacked
and no one knew about until the hacker spoke up.
<http://www.linuxandubuntu.com/home/ubuntu-forums-hacked-here-is-what-hacker-stole>

     The next meeting will be on Sunday August 7, 2016 and you
can expect an announcement of that meeting on the mailing
list on August 1.

     Hope everyone is having a happy Summer!

     Bobbie Sellers