[sf-lug] an Update Re: SF-LUG meets Monday, 20 June 2016

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Fri Jun 17 11:25:48 PDT 2016

On 06/13/2016 10:42 AM, Bobbie Sellers wrote:
> Hi LUGers,
>
>   SF-LUG meets every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.  .
> and every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
> at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     [big snip]

     Just to advise that i have Debian 8.5 in both KDE and XFCE
configuration
for i386.  These two DVDs combine the functions of the previously mentioned
magazine disk.  That is they have i586, i686 and i686-PAE available on each
disk along with the usual supplementary boot choices.  These are live disks
with non-free material as well as the usual GNU stuff.
     There is also a i386 install only DVD #1 which is about 3 times
larger on
disk as the two above.

     I also have Porteus in KDE and XFC configuration for AMD_64, both
of which
are somewhat under-supplied with applications.  Now that sounds bad but
it has Unified Slackware package Manager waiting to give you what you
might want.

     Hope to see a some of us at the meeting on the Summer Solstice

     Bobbie Sellers