[sf-lug] SF-LUG bimonthly meeting notice

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon May 30 22:29:28 PDT 2016

> Easy to confuse with "biannual," which means "twice a year."

I'm afraid biannual means every two years.  ITYM 'semiannual', more or
less.  Or keep it simple, and say 'twice-yearly'.

(The reason I said 'more or less' is that the prefix semi- somewhat
implies half, i.e. 'semiannual' carries a weak and fallible implication
of not merely twice a year but actually every six months.)

Some of the flowers in my garden are biannuals.  I'd be delighted if
that meant I could enjoy them twice a year, but sadly that is not the
case.