[sf-lug] [TAML-net] SF-LUG meets Monday 16 May 2016

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon May 9 21:16:16 PDT 2016

Hi LUGers,

    SF-LUG meets every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
and  every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

      These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

      I have managed to download GParted in versions for the i686,
i686-pae and AMD64.  I expect to have copies of this
very useful live utility distribution on CDs at the meeting.
at the meeting.
      Also 4MLinux-17.
I expect to have at least one copy of this powerful live distribution
at the meeting.
      All of these .iso files have been check-summed.

      Saturday May 7 I managed to get the latest Linux Pro magazine
Issue 186 for May 2016.  The two distros carried by this issue
are CentOS-7-64 bit and Tails 2.2.  I have both of these at hand
ready to write to DVD.  Actually I have Tail 2.3 I believe.

      The big topic seems to be Educational Linux.
Articles covering Backup tools, Stellarium an astronomical
program and Building your own Search Engine. and more.

      At the meeting I plan to bring out my recent purchase
of a 5 year old Dell E6420 with a full i7 and 1600 x 900 display
screen  (running PCLinus OS 2016.03). I got another one as well
but it has its little Windows 10 problems and I may take out
the drive and format it  That may not help the problems
   though.

      Hope to see you at the meeting,

      Bobbie Sellers