[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Sunday May 1, 2016 (Zenial Xerus on MAY Day)

GoOSSBears acohen36 at linuxwaves.com
Thu Apr 28 16:19:21 PDT 2016

On Mon Apr 25 at 15:49:22 PDT 2016, Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:
> By my reading, you typed v'samecha instead of v'same'ach,
> unless I'm looking at some kind of UTF-8 handling bug.

FWIW, actually, "v'same'ach" looks perfectly correct.
AAMOF, the exact same end-of-word Hebrew vowel
pattern also occurs in the word "ru'ach", which
translates into "wind", "lively spirit", or
"inspiration" in English.

And BTW for those who might not realize it,
"Chag kasher v'same'ach" also technically
applies from Thursday night (tonight) until
Saturday night this year when the Passover
Holiday ends (outside of the Biblical Land
of Israel).
Therefore, there is little problem for
Passover-observing Jews to once more
consume leavened products (bread, pasta,
beer,...etc) at SF-LUG's Sunday May 1st
meetup at Cafe Enchante.

-A

--