[sf-lug] resolver problem

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Apr 22 16:24:51 PDT 2016

Quoting Alex Kleider (akleider at sonic.net):

> Thanks, Michael, for you interest.
>
> I've put in a brand new hard drive and reinstalled Ubuntu 14.04 ...
> but I still have the 'problem' drive and hope some day to put it back
> in and systematically try to answer all the questions posed and
> present them in an orderly manner using the outline you suggested.

Or an exorcism.  ;->

> Right now we are travelling up the coast (currently on Vancouver Island)
> so won't get to it for a while yet.

You lucky sod.

Suggestion from my mother-in-law Cheryl, who was a longtime resident and
homeowner in Courtenay, east side of Vancouver Island:  Take the turnoff
to Port Alberni, past Nanaimo, and continue on to Tofino and Ucluelet,
and look at the ten-mile-beach there, and the amazing Pacific RIm
National Park Reserve near there (mostly on a series of islands, Broken
Group Islands archipelago).  From looking online, I see that the beach
is called the 'Long Beach Unit', and is part of the park.
http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/bc/pacificrim/index.aspx

(If you happen to pass near Wasila, do wave to Caribou Barbie.)