[sf-lug] WIFI set-up

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Apr 19 15:15:58 PDT 2016

Quoting Todd Hawley (celticdm at gmail.com):

> On the contrary Rick; it's rather obvious you DO care. :)

I care greatly about the online Linux community and about public
understanding of Linux and open source.  Thus, among many other things,
my offering and underwriting this entire public Internet forum on my
server, operating BALE, publishing FAQs, maintaining HOWTOs for the
Linux Documentation Project, and administering most of the LUG mailing
lists in the Bay Area.

On the other hand, if this is you understanding the world by reducing it
to interpersonal soap opera, this well-known phenomenon _too_ is
explained in my online documentation:

  Moen's First Law of Debate

  "No matter what the issue, someone will try to turn it into a
  personality dispute."  In part, this is because complex issues become
  more comprehensible if you convert them into soap opera, however
  inaccurately.  Additionally, it's common for someone who's losing an
  argument to misbehave in hopes of debasing the discussion, scoring a
  draw in the eyes of casual observers, and tarring the opposition by
  association.

http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/lexicon.html#moenslaw-debate1

Enjoy the soap!  (It's a good thing I'm not expecting gratitude.)