[sf-lug] Fwd: Kali 101

maestro maestro415 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 10:10:40 PDT 2016

excellent thanks...

i was running KALI  2.0 for a while and dug it.

boots cleanly and lightning fast.

and it's based in DEBIAN wheezy not jessie.

A LOT of tools and more available to add on...

A LOT to learn...

i will be getting it back on a box and this course will be perfect.

message ends.
_________________

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 6:52 AM, Michael Paoli <
Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Forwarding along, as some folk(s) may be interested in this:
>
>     Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 01:39:32 +0000 (UTC)
>  Subject: Kali 101
>
> Perhaps this is of interest to you.
> http://makeuseof.tradepub.com/free/w_cybf02/prgm.cgi
>
> By the end of this course you will be able to have a fully functioning
> distribution Kali running on your machine.
>
> Kali is a penetration testing Linux distribution created by the Offensive
> Security. It holds a repository of multiple tools for security related
> engineers including hacking wireless networks, web applications, databases,
> reverse engineering, password crackers, and much more! So as you can see,
> Kali is a versatile and powerful tool for anyone looking to do any cyber
> security related work.
>
> As indicated by the ‘101' in the course title, this course is a beginner's
> guide to getting started in Kali...to get your feet wet. The course is
> broken down into 3 sections; Getting Started, Basic Configuration, and
> Tools overview. We first give you an overview of Kali and its use cases
> then offer a step-by-step walkthrough of installing Kali using VMware. Next
> we teach you some important configuration settings in the distribution
> including configuring your network and managing services in Kali. Knowing
> these procedures will help you setup the proper environments when using
> Kali and its tools. Finally we go over the top tools in Kali and describe
> their features.

*~the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...*