[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets next Monday, April 18, 2016

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Apr 11 08:49:22 PDT 2016

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
and every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

   Last Wednesday I was able to get the latest Linux Pro magazine.
The DVD of the Month is Knoppix 7.7, released at CeBIT 2016 and
exclusive to Linux Pro magazine.  We have lead articles on
Arch Linux and its derivatives such as Manjaro, Bitwig Studio 1.3
which is an audio workstation, an article on killing patent trolls
before they are born and covers Qubes OS which takes the
concept of sand-boxing to a new high.
Several other areas of general interest are covered, and we have
good columns by Klaus Knopper and Jon "maddog" Hall.  That
is not all but this is a good issue.

     I have gotten PCLinux OS 2016.03 installed on my notebook.
On the PCLOS I have gotten Virtual Box up and installed
Mageia-6-dev1-x86_64-DVD.iso on the Virtual Box and anyone
who would like to see it is welcome to spend the time with me
looking at both or either.

     Hope to see some of you all at the meeting.

     Bobbie