[sf-lug] resolver problem

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 7 00:26:40 PDT 2016

A few more divide & conquer things you could try ...

So ... works with one browser, not another, works with ping,
but not git?  Efficient divide & conquer typically involves
devising series of sufficiently easy/feasible tests, that
effectively divide possible causes into two sets of
roughly approximate probability, and results of test
rule one set in, and the other out - or at least
significantly assist in determining probability - after test -
between the two sets.  One can also think of whittling it down
to the simplest test that can show the "works" vs. "doesn't work" -
at which point it's generally obvious what the problem is, or at least
exactly where the problem is.

So ... "browsers" ... & http & https.

What about wget and/or curl?

E.g.: