[sf-lug] Report on meeting on Sunday March 6, 2016

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Tue Mar 8 18:53:58 PST 2016

Hi LUGers,

     Well it was a congenial but quiet meeting.
I arrived about 10:40 AM and proceeded to setup the notebook
and spread out the magazines,
No problem getting the computer to start-up from state of
suspension.

     Michael, our crusty Slackware user showed up before I even
finished setting up.  He tells me if I remember correctly that
he first tried to do a 64 bit installation but it did not work
properly so then he did a 32 bit install then was able to install
the 64 bit version from that vantage.

     Ken S and his wife showed up next.
Ken has brought along a Bluetooth connected mouse and
we tried to get it to work with my computer but while we
spent a lot of time trying to find it and everyone assumed
that a late model computer like my HP Pavilion 15n225nr.
Today I went to the product description and it says nothing
about Bluetooth.  Maybe I will do something about that.

     Maestro - came in and dragged up a round table to setup.
He tried to help with the Bluetooth but we of course got
nowhere.

     Joseph P. Showed up, his hand in a heavy bandage or light
cast.   He talked with us all and read some of the magazines
checking out the security articles,  he took them along home
to finish reading the security articles.

     About 12:30 Jim Stockford showed up and discussed various
matters with Ken, Maestro, and Joseph.

     At 12:45 Jim left to get his car and i started packing up.
Jim gave 3 of us rides back to downtown where buses are
handy.

     Because of the Bluetooth kerfuffle I tried booting into
the Microsoft side of the machine but failed.   Well I may try
fixing that but if it don't work I have to ignore the updates.
;^)

    Please send in any corrections about activities as soon as
possible so that my confusion does not spread widely as a
result of this post.

     Bobbie Sellers

     Next meeting is on Monday, 21 March 2016 at the
Cafe 6-8 PM.  Regular announcement should be out on
March 14.

     No big release of notable distributions are scheduled for
more than a month.