[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Sunday March 6, 2016

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Feb 29 13:17:36 PST 2016

Hi LUGers,
   SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
and every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

     On Friday the 20th of February I got the Linux Pro magazine for
February 2016
and was less than over-joyed to find out that the DVD was material already
on hand, Netrunner 17 and Knoppix 7.6.  The main topic is Securing
Linux talking about locking down Linux server systems.

     Ubuntu is releasing beta versions of 16.04 but more usefully perhaps
updates on 14.04 LTS to 14.04.4.  I have Ubuntu and Lubuntu in i386 and
Ubuntu Studio and Kubuntu in AMD_64.
     I plan on having copies of these at the Sunday meeting but if anyone
wants to be sure of getting a copy, please let me know in advance,

     Bobbie Sellers