[sf-lug] retracting previous remarks about Thunderbird.

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Feb 22 09:20:55 PST 2016

Hi LUGers,
     Well I got "Reply to List" as a text button this AM.
     Seems like left side of the Mail Tool bar is icon only and the
right side is capable of
being a text button.  It also seems that my(that I read and write) other
two mailing lists
have Reply to List as a default.  In Usenet newsgroups as well the
default is Followup to
the list.

     Then that upset things it seems so I tried to log-out and back in
but my password
would not work.  So I had to go to a Failsafe (terminal) window and fix
the password
but the way Mageia works I had to reset the Failsafe login to KDE
(Plasma) 4.  So I
forgot to do that X2 and it slowed recovery down for a few minutes.

     Then using MCC** Mageia's interface to the administrative tools I
reset the password
from the one I had used originally to a more sensible one.  Hope I can
remember it.

     So then I was able to fix the problem that had appeared of
involuntary selection
of multiple items in Thunderbird lists.  By this i mean that when I
opened a Newsgroup
on my machine a bunch of posts came up selected and I could not Esc(ape)
the problem.
when I closed the list of posts a list of newsgroup were auto-selected
and when I closed
the News my email folders were selected.  I tried to fix it by shutting
down the tool
and restarting which did not work so I tried logging out and back in
when I found that
the password would not work properly.

     bliss

     **If anyone has trouble understanding this they can come to a
meeting and I will
happily demonstrate MCC and the range of activities it can influence.
KDE, MCC and
the Drak tools are the basis for the foundation of Mandrake & Mandriva,
as well as
being central feature of Mageia and PCLinux OS.
     If other distributions had adopted it i might be using those.

     b.