[sf-lug] (forw) Re: How to check distro checksums and signatures

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun Feb 21 19:39:38 PST 2016

On 02/21/2016 07:10 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
> [Redirecting back to the mailing list, again.]
>
> Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com):
>
>> On 02/21/2016 06:37 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
>>> I'm assuming Bobbie veered off the mailing list into private mail by
>>> accident.
>> You are correct.  My default used to be Mailing list but later
>> versions of Thunderbird seem to have changed that.
> You're looking for 'Reply All'.  Seems like Mozilla Thunderbird
> have lately done something peculiar they call Smart Reply.

             Mozilla wants to be shut of Thunderbird.  Maybe that is why
they
are changing things to which the long time users are accustomed.

> Support forum for Mozilla Thunderbird suggests
> (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1050692) a/o 6 Mar 2015:
>
>    If you right click a message subject line it will be in that menu.
>    If you are looking for it on the Mail Toolbar and it is not there, right
>    click the toolbar and select Customize.  Find the Reply All button and
>    drag it on to the Mail Toolbar.
>
>    If you are looking for it on the Message Pane or a Tab header you will
>    not find one. What you will find is a Smart Reply button that shows as
>    Reply when there is only one addressee on the message and a Reply All
>    when there is more than one.

         Far too automated.

> More about that here:
> http://superuser.com/questions/425673/thunderbird-reply-to-all-and-reply-to-list-in-one-button
>
> (I do not have Thunderbird in front of me to look at.)
     Lucky you.  I checked that Superuser site and it had nothing useful.
     I tried to leave a message but since I don't seem to be using
Javascript
by default, it may have not gone up to the site.

     It reads that I deplore the trend in Thunderbird to deprecate Text
only buttons
and that the meaningless icon is placed far from the rest of the control
panel.

     If Mageia supported Icedove I would use it.

> In general, I suggest:
>
> Use _reply-all_ to reply publicly.  Best to use that replly mode for default.
> Use _reply-sender_ for the rare case of needing private side-discussion.

     Sorry about all the errors in directing the mail this evening.

     Bobbie