[sf-lug] SF-LUG Linux Discussion Group at Noisebridge

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 27 18:12:41 PST 2016

Uhm,

I beg to differ.  I don't think because some meeting is no longer happening
is a particularly good reason go go about rewriting (list) history.  It
ought suffice to have it said/noted on the list (if) that such-and-such
meeting isn't happening anymore - folks ought be able to figure out from
list(s) and web page(s), etc., if a meeting is still active or not ... and
if that's still ambiguous, inquire on relevant list(s) or with relevant
contact(s) and find out more definitively.

Would be kind'a like removing all records of an extinct culture or species
from history merely because it was no longer alive and ongoing - seems to
me not the optimal approach.

And hopefully (most) folks are smart enough to realize that just because
someone once said something once-upon-a-time, doesn't mean it's true
forever (e.g. just because someone said "always meets at such and such
location, high noon 'till 1pm local time on leap days" - doesn't mean that
event still goes on or will do so in perpetuity).