[sf-lug] Notes from SF-LUG meeting of January 18, 2016

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Fri Jan 22 08:23:36 PST 2016

Hi LUGers,

     Well this was a very small and nearly pointless meeting.
     I got there about 5:40 PM and setup.
     Maestro was the only other member to show up.

     I had problems with getting online.
     Maestro helped me resolve them.

     As for the problem it seems that some of the
distributions I try on this box can shut off my
WiFi card when I log out of them.

     Well Thanks Maestro!
     About 7:45 PM we packed up and left for our homes.

    Before the meeting I downloaded and checksumed
the Linux Mint 17.3 in  Plasma 5, Mate and Xfce 32 and
64 bit versions.  I made some copies but let me know
if you want a specific version.
     Also tails i386 version 18.2 is at hand.

I downloaded Deepin 15, checksumed it and wrote it to a disk and IsoDumped
it to a small Flash Drive for demonstration.  Which no one showed up to see.

     Today I have Gparted 0.25.0-1 i686 and AMD64
checksumed them and will make copies.   If you want a copy
let me know or if you want the i686-PAE version let me know
right away.  I have trouble with SourceForge downloads and
may have to try several times to get a good copy.

Also in the last 2 days I have downloaded and checksumed
kali-linux-2016.1-amd64.iso and kali-linux-2.0-i386.iso,
Both have been checksumed and will will be written to disk
If you want a copy please let me know.

     The next meeting will be on Sunday February 7, 2016
expect an announcement around February 1.

     Oh if Maestro can think of anything to add he should feel
free to post in reply to this message.

     Happy New Year!

     Bobbie Sellers