[sf-lug] Intel graphics chipsets (was /firmware/radeon)

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Mon Dec 21 08:23:39 PST 2015

Rick Moen writes:
> If you wanted to be truly helpful in helping others help you, you could
> have posted the results of getting your video chip data from lspci, like
> maybe...
>
> $ lspci | grep VGA

A side question, not part of maestro's problem: how do you find out
the chipset on Intel machines? If I run lspci | grep VGA on this
Lenovo X201, it says:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)

Not very specific. lspci | grep Intel isn't any more helpful.
And they made the X201 for a long time with multiple chipsets,
so googling doesn't tell me what's in my specific machine.

The last time Xorg broke on this machine, I spent lot of time
searching but never did find a reliable way to figure out which
Intel graphics I had. That time, I ended up making an xorg.conf with
    Option "AccelMethod" "uxa"
which some people were reporting as helpful on some Intel machines,
and it seems to have done the trick so far. But I'd still like to
know what chipset I have.

        ...Akkana